Dump and go style recipes are the bomb!
I love these types of recipes because it usually calls for less than 5 ingredients and only takes about half an hour to prepare and cook.
Chicken Adobo is a staple Filipino dish. Traditionally it is cooked by stewing the chicken in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic, for a long time.
But who has the time nowadays?
For this recipe you will need:
- 8 -12 Chicken thighs
- 1 bottle of Mama Sita’s Adobo Marinade
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
4 ingredients, that is it.
How to Cook
Dump all the ingredients in a pot.
If you are using an Instapot or Ninja Foodi – pressure cook on high for 35 minutes. If your chicken is frozen, cook longer, about 60 minutes.
If you are using a slow cooker – cook on low for about 7-8 hours.
Notes and Reminders
- I use about 8-12 chicken thighs per 1 bottle of Mama Sita’s Adobo Marinade and 1 can of Coconut Milk
- Chopped garlic is optional since Mama Sita’s Adobo Marinade already has garlic – I just really love garlic.
- Mama Sita’s Adobo Marinade can be found in the Asian or International Food section of most grocery stores. It can also be found in all Filipino Grocery Stores. There are lots of them everywhere! Or good ol’ Amazon.
- Coconut milk makes the stew creamier. If you don’t like the taste of Coconut Milk, you can definitely skip it. Just add more of the Mama Sita’s Marinade or Chicken Broth to replace the liquid.
- Best served with white rice.
- Serve with Cauliflower Rice if you’re on a keto or low-carb diet.
- For leftovers – shred chicken and stir fry with some of the sauce. With this the possibilities are endless! – Chicken Poke Bowl, Chicken Tacos, Chicken Burritos… Yum!
Dump and Go recipes are a busy family’s best friend. Cook great meals fast without breaking the bank!
I hope you enjoy this Coconut Chicken Adobo Dump & Go Recipe with your family tonight.
Comment below if you did! Or share it on Instagram stories and tag us (@This.Family.Life.We.Live) – we’d love to share your take on it!