This is the easy baked mayonnaise salmon recipe of your keto and low-carb dreams!
Measuring ingredients is no bueno for me. Hence I am not a baking diva.
I like my recipes easy and fast to make. And I like recipes that can be made in large batches. Because I believe in the mantra “cook once, eat several times”.
So the recipes I am sharing in this blog will be narrative in style and designed to be made in big batches.
Without further ado, here goes…
Easy Baked Mayonnaise Salmon Recipe
Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
In a baking dish, place your salmon fillets.
Season the salmon, on both sides, with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Slather mayonnaise on top of the salmon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how big the fillet is.
Broil for 2-3 minutes to get a brown crust on the mayonnaise.
In the words of Kenzie… Ta da! Dinner time! LOL
Another pet peeve of mine is when the recipe being featured is so far down the blog post. You lost me on the second scroll down. LOL
I promise to give you the recipe first, then the tips afterwards.
Here are the tips:
- Costco (at least where I live) has the best priced salmon fillets.
- Salmon fillets I buy from Costco are huge, about one side of the entire fish. The 25-30 minute baking time is designed for those. If you are using smaller fillets, reduce your baking time.
- I don’t like using salmon steaks for this recipe as those are too thick. Also, the consistency is too hard for a dish that’s meant to be creamy in texture.
- Make sure the baking dish you use is at least an inch deep, because this recipe bleeds so much oil form the mayonnaise.
- Try not to use fresh garlic, because they sometimes turn green in the mayonnaise, it looks nasty.
- Slather on about a quarter of an inch thick of mayonnaise, and make sure that the entire salmon fillet is covered.
- You can use commercially available garlic mayonnaise. Personally I haven’t tried this.
- This recipe is keto-friendly and low-carb-friendly. Pair with steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice.
- We keep a salmon fillet in our deep-freezer at all times. The rest of the ingredients are a staple in our fridge and pantry. This is our go-to recipe when unexpected company drops by for lunch or dinner.
- Yes, that is a huge chunk of grass-fed beef butter on my broccoli. #NoShame
I’d love to see how your version turned out!